Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Secret Project Reveal!

So here is the post with the pictures of the Secret Project we were working on as a Welcome to the class type gift for my kiddo's and their parents.






Found these great frames at Michael's for $1 each.  I thankfully also have a very talented husband who has access to a laser cutter.  He designed the cutting on the frames after asking what I wanted on there and took care of them all for me.
I then took my rainbow pack of Sharpies and colored / stained the letters.  The wood burn line stopped the colors from spreading on the wood any further then needed.
On all the kids first day, I made sure to get a really nice close up head shot of them, printed them off and put them in the frames.  Added some colorful rope to picture hanging rings I made and hot glued on the back and also hot glued on wooden laundry clothespins.
Now they have a super special item to hang in their home that will always give them a place to hang any crafts we send home that we do in class.  The kids will always know where to go to point at their art and say "I did that!".

No comments:

Post a Comment