Friday, September 7, 2012

Room Tour (after pictures!)

Here is what 1 1/2 weeks of almost solid work can do to a room that looked like the before pictures in a previous post!

I tried to go for a Farm theme since most little ones this age would be familiar with all the barnyard animals and such.  So here is our welcome door, apples from our apple tree on our farm!


Here is the first view from the doorway!  Such a difference!  I wanted to make it as inviting as possible to the kids.


The by now infamous storage cabinet.  Emergency bag hanging by the door with first aid, flashlight and emergency contact info.  CD player out of reach of kids.


Our newly installed sink and counter.  One of the things they added when they redid the rooms from before. So nice to have it in the room for cleaning up!


One of my bulletin boards.  I stripped off all the old decorations and paper that was on it and there was a felt board under it all!  Going to use it for some story times with cut out shapes and the little ones can also play on it with velcro'd pieces.  Our little play pool currently filled with cut up pool noodles and our whale.  This is already a favorite with my kids.  They can't get enough of the pool noodle pieces!


Toy storage on the bottom, stuff that is easy for them to pull out and play with, nap mat and other storage up above where they can't reach


Our big apple tree.  The apples have their birthday's printed on them.


My farm wall.  My kids go over to point at the different animals all the time!  The blue tape on the wall is actually where a wall mirror is going to go in the next week or so.  The kids love walking up to it and seeing themselves and making faces.


Rolling (and closing) toy cabinet for more storage.


Our table, chairs, and more storage for art supplies (including my art drying rack!)


 Hooks for hanging their bags and lunches and our calendar.


 Yes, I did end up duct taping my clip board as well for sign in time.  :-)

It took a lot of hard work and sweat and maybe a few tears, but I am so proud of my classroom and the kids really seem to enjoy it so far.

3 comments:

  1. What can I say - you are amazing! I am so happy for you and proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom rocks. I want to be in your classroom because it looks like alot of fun. :-) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna come play in Mrs. E's class!

    ReplyDelete